|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Paleo Plus Special Diet
Paleo Plus Special Diet - Low Purine & Phosphorus
Outdoor reared Pork with Bone, Beef Tripe, Kale, Carrot, Beef Liver, Beef Kidney, Berry Good (Broccoli, Wild Blackberries, Wild Blueberries, Hemp Seed Powder, Seaweed, Green Lipped Mussel)
All ingredients have been selected from wild and/or sustainable and ethical sources.
Nutritional Analysis Per 100g as fed.
While Special Diet is a fantastic standalone raw dog food, it is also low in phosphorus and purine, and these two must be considered in the feeding of dogs with chronic kidney disease. Paleo Ridge manage this by:
- Dropping the bone content to the lowest possible - as bone is very high in phosphorus
- Using beef and pork meat - far lower in phosphorus than chicken, turkey and fish
- Keeping the non-essential organ content down - they are simply too high in phosphorus so you must choose carefully
Meat is a source of purine, so they add to this mix more blended veg, in particular some added carrot which adds fresh vitamin A, known to keep kidneys lubricated. The vitamin C and anti-inflammatory polyphenols in the dark berries of Berry Good will enhance this process.
Key Features of Paleo Plus Special Diet
- Low Phosphorus and Purine
- Outdoor reared High welfare Pork
- Grass Fed and High welfare beef
- Lower bone and organ content
- Higher vitamin A content to lubricate kidneys
- Low in fat
- Complete to FEDIAF standards
- Suitable for all life stages